Resize Sense (Macworld Gem 2012) is a batch image resizer/cropper/converter known for its flexibility and convenience. To illustrate its flexibility: using custom size and saving presets, you can easily resize many images, each one to several different sizes, and save them in various formats with different filename patterns. All this in a single batch operation, in a few minutes!
You can also crop and straighten individual images manually if required, and copy these settings to other images. Resize Sense lets you decide what to do if, for example, the image aspect ratio changes: crop, deform, or add borders. Or when the image is too small for the requested size: enlarge, extend canvas, skip, or just keep the original. Resize Sense also supports batch image transformations such as rotation and flipping.
Want to send a number of images by e-mail? Show them at any time to your friends on a mobile device? Put them on a website with strict size requirements? Use Resize Sense to achieve the size you need, for many images at once! Save your settings as presets, and next time you will not even need to enter them again!
- Flexible resizing options. Resize Sense is designed to fulfill any batch resizing need as conveniently as possible.
- Custom user presets. Performing repetitive tasks? No need to enter the same settings every time! Save a preset for every task once, and reuse it again and again! Resize Sense supports size presets (for resizing settings) and saving presets (for file naming and format settings). You can even apply multiple size presets to every image!
- Manual per-image, per-preset crop & straighten adjustment. Most other batch image resizers would at best allow you to align the crop rectangle to the left/right/top/bottom, but a better control is often required.
- Batch image cropper & straightener functionality. Resize Sense can be used as a bulk image cropper and straightener, because it supports copying & pasting of the manual crop & straighten configuration between images.
- Batch image format converter functionality. Resize Sense can be used to convert multiple images from any format supported by the operating system to JPEG, TIFF, PNG, GIF, and BMP.
- Batch image transformations. Rotation by 90 and 180 degrees, horizontal and vertical flipping.
- Live final image preview. You can see immediately how the final image will look after cropping, extending with solid borders, distorting, etc.
- Simple, intuitive, self-explanatory user interface. We have made a great effort to ensure that this complex professional tool is as simple and intuitive as possible. And we keep working on the usability improvement!
- Fixed width and height. If the aspect ratio changes, you have a number of options to fix it.
- Fixed width or height. The other dimension will be computed to preserve the original aspect ratio.
- Fixed output image dimensions. They are assigned to width and height based on the original image orientation.
- Fit to a box with defined width and height.
- Fit to a box with defined dimensions.
- Fixed longest edge size. The other dimension will be computed to preserve the required aspect ratio.
- Fixed shortest edge size.
- Fixed megapixel count. The width and height will be computed to preserve the required aspect ratio while achieving the required megapixel count.
- Crop only. A special type for the case if only cropping (without specific sizing) is needed.
(available when defining size in inches or centimeters)
- Pixels per inch.
- Pixels per centimeter.
Additional resizing options
If the original image is too small for the requested size:
- Enlarge (up-sample) the image.
- Extend the image with borders, transparent or of a solid color.
- Do not save (skip) the image.
- Copy the original image.
If the image aspect ratio changes (the requested size is not proportional to the original):
- Crop the image, aligning the crop rectangle as desired, or even adjusting it manually.
- Add solid borders of a customizable color.
- Deform the image.
Resize Sense requires an Intel-based 64-bit Apple computer with Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or later. See the version history for older versions supporting previous operating systems.
Download & Install
Click the Download button to download Resize Sense. Please try the program and make sure it works on your computer before purchasing. Note that images are saved with a watermark until you purchase a license.
Click the Buy button to purchase the license. The payment is processed by VeprIT's authorized reseller Avangate. Once the payment is finalized, you will receive your personal license code by e-mail. Run Resize Sense and enter this code in the registration window (shown on startup or with the Resize Sense → Register Resize Sense command) to save without the watermark.
Warning: if you have used the trial version, and are buying on the Mac App Store, make sure to remove the trial version before buying. Otherwise the Mac App Store engine will find it, and this might cause some conflicts.
Once downloaded, install the application:
- Double-click the downloaded DMG file in Finder if it is not already open.
- Go to the mounted VeprIT Resize Sense volume.
- Drag & drop the Resize Sense icon to the Applications icon, or to any place you want.
- Run the application from /Applications or the other place where you installed it.
Resize Sense is covered by the following Software License Agreement, unless it is purchased on the Mac App Store. If purchased on the Mac App Store, Resize Sense is covered by the standard Mac App Store license agreement.